Our client supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, our client delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at the state and nationwide scales. Through building impactful partnerships and programs. They ensure that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity
They work with urgency because youth quickly become adults and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. Our client is honored to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems.
Their work is all-encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a more equitable globe — to join them.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Managing Director is responsible for providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components, functions, and stakeholders, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract.
You will be responsible for leading and overseeing the development, delivery, and day-to-day management of a high-quality, innovative, cost-effective, and sustainable education program resulting in immediate and lasting change for children and building the capacity of the duty bearers.
This is a highly hands-on job, involving intense program management, and broad technical knowledge covering financial management, supply chain, government relations, and school operations management. For this role, we need someone who has experience managing highly complex and large programs with a lean team coupled with a deep passion for the program’s mission. Leadership, humility, and self-awareness are a must to be successful. This is an incredibly fast-paced and absorbing role that will ask a lot of you but it will also be personally rewarding in that you will see the impact of your efforts firsthand.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
● Act as the senior General Manager for the program, overseeing budgets, strategic and operational delivery, and stakeholder management.
● Lead and manage the program team – providing the vision, day-to-day coordination, resource management, and supervision required to accomplish project objectives and to deliver superior quality products.
●Be the primary liaison with the designated Ministry of Education and elected political champions and or their representatives, responding to client needs within the limits of the arrangement.
● Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of the program.
● Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
● Ensure the technical and methodological soundness of activities and, in collaboration with the Collaborate with colleagues to solve problems and build a learning environment within the program team and other function heads of the organization.
● Responsible for on or under-budget delivery of all aspects of the program.
● Bachelor’s degree essential, MBA (or Master’s) would be preferred.
● At least 8 years of progressively responsible experience working in project management and design in developing countries, preferably including experience in the state or country to which you will be assigned.
● At least 5 years of management experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and assembling teams working in multi-faceted roles including field-based roles.
● A proven track record of excelling in the leadership of operational teams, as well as in design-thinking, process and system design and application, and managing complex and inter-related functions, as this will be critical in overseeing a large-scale school system transformation.
● Prior experience within a fast-paced, high-growth, metric-driven operational organization will be an advantage.
● Strong management skills, leadership qualities, professional reputation, and ability to build or access key contacts within the Ministry of Education or equivalent local and state regulatory bodies.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors, consortium members, and other stakeholders, at national and sub-national levels.
● Respect and sensitivity towards cultural, gender, ethnicity, and religious diversity.
● Maturity and confidence in dealing with high-ranking officials of government institutions, international institutions, and non-government institutions.
● Demonstrated excellent communication and writing abilities and superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
● Passion for our vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed.
Qualified and interested persons should email their CVs to email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the email.
For requires call us at 09039494688, 08021731719 or visit our office on the 1st Floor, JOBANY Plaza by Elimgbu/Oro-Igwe Second Junction, Elimgbu Town, Port Harcourt.